We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users across geographies.
You will also work closely with the cybersecurity and infrastructure teams in ensuring that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly, securely and efficiently.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with database, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management would be an advantage
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Knowledge of powershell/ unix shell scripting would be a strong advantage
- Ability to create scripts in some programming language- Python, Perl or other language would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills enabling communication with teams in different geographies.
- BSc/BE/BTech/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, hardware and network for all teams across the organisation on both Macs and Windows machines.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls and regular review of audit and access logs across the different systems and tools used in the organisation
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain and upgrade internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Approve/reject third party software requests and track both software and hardware in a register. Assist in reviewing software policies before they are used in the company.
- Assist infosec team in risk assessment surveys for clients, partners and vendors
- Set up and clean up accounts and workstations