We are looking for a Data Analyst/Data Scientist at impress.ai who is responsible for working on all aspects of data and analytics on the platform. This ranges from providing analytics support, to maintaining the data pipeline as well as research and development of AI/ML algorithms that are to be implemented in the platform.
The ideal candidate is expected to be able to work closely in cross-functional teams. This includes Software Engineers and Product Managers to bring the feature to production, Operations, and CS teams to create analytics that is useful for client-facing teams.
We would prefer a few years of experience under their belt and have the technical skill, competencies, and maturity necessary to independently execute projects with minimal supervision. They also have the ability to build and architect ML/DL prototypes with minimal input from more senior staff in order to satisfy the business requirements.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify issues related to business and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Build Algorithms and design experiments
- Write well-designed, maintainable, and performant code that adheres to impress.ai coding styles, conventions, and standards
- Use Machine learning and statistical techniques to provide solutions to problems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Communicate actionable insights using data, often for a non-technical audience.
- Work in cross-functional teams with product managers, Software Engineers. designers, QA, and Ops teams to achieve business objectives.
- Recruit and train a team of Junior Data Analysts
- Proven work/internship experience of at least 2 years as a Data Analyst
- BSc/BTech/BEng degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or relevant field preferred
What We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data Science/Software Engineering/Computer science preferred.
- Experience using programming languages such as Python and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of various machine learning and deep learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Ability to document and report requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data to stakeholders
- Experience working with Google Data Studio or Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Curiosity to read about new algorithms to solve problems
Good to have:
- Knowledge of agile, sprint, Jira
- Familiarity with Git and version control
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Experience in terms of full-time work, projects, freelance work, or internships in the required technology stack.